our mission at the Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club (YPRC) River Riders program is to provide access to the hudson river and DEVELOP the next GENERATION of environmental stewards.
What We DO
- River Riders provides skills training in kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle-boards and more!
- River Riders practice "Leave no Trace."
- YPRC partners with the City of Yonkers to provide FREE Community Paddling programs at the JFK Marina and Park, creating increased utilization and appreciation of this wonderful riverfront resource.
- River Riders provide an athletic, recreational and educational experience for children, young adults, and adults.
- River Riders gives young people and adults from disadvantaged neighborhoods the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities
- River Riders provide Environmental Education under the guise of recreational paddling.
- YPRC provides Hudson River access for human powered boaters.